Door Progress 2
Door Progress
Ty Katz
Unreal Engine 4 has been treating me pretty well with this project. After creating my door, I switched around my whole idea. I am no longer making a Japanese door or house because I just kind of lost interest in the idea for this project. I want to use it in the future, but I came up with a better idea for now. I am making a tower of quizes disguised as a farmers market, and everytime a player gets a question wrong, they are going to drop lower in the tower. The trick for my game is that the player is supposed to get answers wrong. Instead of having doors in my game, I am going to create eleavtors that the player takes down to lower floors.
The door I was going to create slid left and right, but the door I am going to create now is going to slide up and down. Since the platform will be an interactable object, the player will stand on it and go down to another floor.
I am still working on the shape of my tower, but this is my idea as of now:
Everytime the player goes to a lower floor, part of the room closes in. By the last floor, there will only be one small room for the player to be in. I am still thinking of a way for the player to escape, but I think it will have to do with the player waiting in the room and not making a decision. Still a work in progress.
Problems I've Encountered:
When I was building my tower, I was having a hard time getting my walls and floor to be even with each other. I couldn't figure out a good shape for my walls and - WAIT HOLD UP ONE SECOND.
Okay, update, I just solved my problem. I actually just yelled really loudly in my dorm, and I'm sorry for breaking the professional tone of my post. I was having problems making each wall intersect with others, but I just had a revelation that I can just make one big wall. Wow. The thought never crossed my mind, but it will make things much easier going on. I am going to have to figure out how to make the textures on the walls not be stretched, but I can work it out.
Another problem I am going to have is making my elevators work and not glitch the player out. I'm going to write my thought process on this idea and see if my thoughts make sense. I think to make my elevator work, I will have the trigger box above the platform I want to move down, and when the player steps on it, it will delay for a few seconds, and then slowly move the player downwards to the next floor. Should be manageable.
Comments
Post a Comment